Bulkeley Great House
The previous home of Sir William Bulkeley, a member of Parliament in 1651, this property has housed a number of prominent Barbadian families. It has seen many changes over the centuries, but still maintains its old world charm. For instance, the front garden overlooking the entrance once contained a sunken deer run which was walled by an elaborate iron railing around the circumference; today this area houses stables.The traditional covered patio, which surrounds the main house, has been recently extended on the eastern side to overlook a free-form swimming pool. This pool has been constructed to give the appearance of a natural pond, with gently cascading waterfalls and a sand-finished bottom which extends beyond the water-level to form a shore. The surrounding landscaping and complete impact of this pool is one of the most exceptional features of any property on the island.The main house is 10,170 sq. ft and also includes an out building converted into an one bedroom cottage of 1,400 sq. ft. and the remaining out buildings have been refurbished into approx. 4,000 sq. ft. of office space attached to the main house and other dependencies of 2,000 sq. ft.An exceptional house for entertaining on the large patio overlooking the exquisite pool and mature garden with flowering plants and trees.